A Bachelor of Nursing degree is necessary before nursing students can take the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) and become a licensed registered nurse (RN). Duties performed by registered nurses include:
Bachelor of Nursing Course Topics
- Administration of medications, shots and IVs prescribed by hospital or clinic physicians
- Keep detailed records of a patient's vitals and report changes to the attending physician
- Assist physicians as directed
- Supervising LPNs, state nursing aids and hospital orderlies (training and scheduling)
- Provide specialized health and preventative education to patients and family members caring for patients after they are discharged
- Interpret diagnostic examination results to identify medical conditions
In addition to performing a certain amount of hours in clinical training, nursing students will take classes heavily emphasizing mathematics and science. Course may include:
Why Consider Earning an Online Bachelor of Nursing Degree?
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Organic chemistry
- Abnormal and developmental psychology
- Fundamentals of sociology
- Nursing theory
Earning an online Bachelor of Nursing degree provides the following advantages:
After completing a Bachelor of Nursing degree online and obtaining employment as a nurse, you can also elect to pursue a Master of Nursing degree online while working and gaining valuable experience as a registered nurse.
- Take courses at your own pace and avoid the stress of attending traditional universities
- Work full or part-time while earning a degree
- Save money and time when you take online courses at home
Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Powered by Campus Explorer